Saturday, January 19, 2008

The weekend

Goodness I love the weekends. Everyone at home under one roof, so much to do or nothing to do at all... our choice. This weekend has been nice.

Last night we played Monopoly with Keaton (while Chloe did her 'own thing') - the kid loves this game... as long as he doesn't lose. Shaune seems to have a horseshoe up his butt and wins every time. I like to think it is luck and not skill - he disagrees.

When the kiddies went to bed Shaune and I finally got around to watching a movie we rented the weekend BEFORE. We laughed and laughed, we like a good silly movie. We watched heartbreak kid and enjoyed it. Our kind of humour for sure.

Today Shaune gave me the morning to sleep in. I didn't get up until almost 10am! I was restless last night and ended up taking a sleeping aid to fall asleep at around 1:30am... so I think it took til 10am to wear off. I NEVER sleep that late.
Anyhow, that was a nice treat.

Keaton had a hockey game today and that is always fun. I run into one of my best buds there every weekend (her son plays usually right after Keaton). I love watching Keaton play... he tries so hard and I'm so proud at his outlook on things. Today his team lost and the boys were all pouting and sad... Keaton took the time to compliment a few of his friends on how they played, he hates to see people sad. We really try and teach him that as long as he tries his best and has fun, winning isn't really the most important thing. I'm glad he seems to agree. He is constantly surprising me with what a great kid he is. While Keaton played, Chloe did her usual thing - the minute we find a seat out in the arena... she goes and sits as far away from me as she is allowed (where I can still see her). I have a very independent little gal. She can entertain herself like noone else and happily chatters away to herself, and sometimes makes friends with other sisters at the arena. She is not a hockey fan and I really don't think she watches even one minute of Keaton's games. LOL!






















Tonight my mom & dad invited us up to their place (they live a few doors up the road) for a ham supper... delicious. After, my brother came down and played playstation with Shaune and Keaton for a few hours. Again, Chloe did her own thing... watched some tv and hung out with mommy a bit :)

Oh... I got a photo of Chloe's hair cut. I posted it on our family blog (click here) for anyone that was curious :) It turned out cute. But it aged her about 1 1/2 yrs I think. She looks so 6 now instead of 4 ;)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Leslie...I LOVE hearing about 'family weekends' like this. It just makes my heart happy. In reference to adoption, I look forward to sharing these 'boring' but the MOST IMPORTANT times with more little people who have never had the opportunity or sheer pleasure of doing 'nothing much' (yet such important time) with a FAMILY!!! Thank you so much for sharing....plus, I'm glad to hear that Keaton doesn't like to lose either!!!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We watched the Heartbreak Kid on Friday night and I just about peed my pants laughing! And Chloe's hair turned out adorable!

Carissa said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I love Chloe's hair but you are right it aged her :)