Friday, January 11, 2008

A group of gals...

I belong to a group of adopting mom's in the Toronto and surrounding areas. I haven't been able to attend any of the bi-monthly dinners-out since May when we first started this process. Tomorrow night I will finally join up with them all again. The group has grown since I first went and there are many waiting mommy's, most adopting from China but I think there are about 6 of us adopting from Vietnam. It is just a nice night out surrounded by women that understand. A network of women I hope I will be able to turn to for advice and comraderie after our daughter is home and a group of women who are building their families the way we are.

We come from all different walks of life, are from various cities surrounding Toronto and have various reasons for adopting - and I'm really looking forward to hanging out again.

My friend Jacqueline is going to drive with me (it will be nice to have someone to chat with since I'm a 2+ hr drive from our meeting spot) & it shall be a nice day, surrounded by waiting mom's like me.

We are meeting at a restaurant at the Yorkdale mall... Jacqueline and I are heading into Toronto a bit early so we can do a bit of shopping. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey there! Is your group open to Canadians only? I live in Buffalo, which is about 2 hours from TO - where are you coming from? We go to CA a lot, and I would love to be in touch with other adoptive families!!! Shoot me an email if you get a chance: amarrano55 at gmail dot com.

Heather Field said...

That's really neat that you have people around you in the same situation. Hope you have/had a great night out!

Cari said...

Hi there!! So good to see you last night! Glad I've come to visit the blog -- I'll be checking in regularly!
PS -- love the pic of Chloe!

cari