Sunday, January 13, 2008

Proposed Haitian Adoption Law Petition

A family I've been in contact a few times through email (that lives in my area) is adopting a beautiful little girl from Haiti. I've seen her photos and she melts me. I recieved an email from the family tonight which brought my attention to this. Essentially the rules/laws may be changing so that families that have 2 or more children already in the home can not adopt a child from Haiti. This is very sad and will mean that many children will live their lives in institutions/ orphanages instead of with a loving family. A law like this would of excluded us from adopting if we had applied to the Haiti program. If you are interested in reading more about this or signing the petition, please go to this site for more information:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Haiti-Adoption-Law/

The petition deadline is only a few days away so go and look now if you have a chance. Deadline is January 16th.

No comments: