Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ta-Da...

Ok, I did it. I stitched and sew'd my way to my first sewing project FINISHED. I really like them and can't believe I actually made them in 2 classes worth of time. I had a lot of help and encouragement from my sewing teacher, so kudo's goes out to her. I just did valances for the tops of my windows, since I'm a huge fan of letting as much light into our house as possible. These add some oomph to the kitchen without blocking all that yummy sun.

Next up is a pillowcase dress for Chloe & a vintage-style apron to hang in the kitchen. I'm going to make Chloe a little one too.

10 comments:

Chandra said...

Those are really nice! Great job.

Catherine said...

Great job!

Karen Wall said...

I am impressed with the sewing, the picture and the decor... Kudos to you!

Carissa said...

Great job! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Very good hob. Want to come over and play here? I love to sew.

April said...

ADORABLE! I was able to finish the pillow case dress that I started now, I gotta put it on the blog!

Anonymous said...

pretty!!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

Very nice!!!!

stollmyheart said...

COOL curtains! I love them! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Cute curtain!
I've been thinking I need to make a real blanket for our little one.... sewing is fun, it's getting started that's hard... for me anyway!!