Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Bedroom

I am still slowly puttering away at getting Chloe and Baby Girl's (Meg will be her name I think, but it isn't set in stone yet so I'll keep calling her Baby girl for now) bedroom finished. Today I bought a really cool curtain to go on the same rod as her blue check ones. It is orange. This room is turning out very bright and funky. I think I'm okay with that. It suits Chloe's personality (and matches her wardrobe) & I can't imagine Baby Girl won't get a kick out of her bright surroundings.

For anyone that didn't see or doesn't remember... here is the bedding:
http://www.kukunest.com/bedding.php?theme=lantern








.............................................................................................
Still to do:
1. Buy pink, red, orange & blue globe paper lanterns to hang in a cluster in corner over bunk bed. 2. Probably buy a white crib, but we are waiting on this until we get our referral since our age range is wide.
3. I want to put in new carpeting but Shaune doesn't feel the need. Hoping I can talk him into something eventually.
4. We need to do some custom closet arrangements in order to fit 2 little girls clothing into one closet. Yikes. Chloe's fills it to the brim right now, we'll need to get a lot of storage options into it.
5. I have a pink shelf I need to hang. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to it yet.
6. I need to make a bench cushion for the mirrored vanity in their room, now that I'm sewing I can do something in a few weeks time :)
7. We have 2 IKEA flower wall lamps that I need to hang up behind Chloe's barbie house.
Most importantly, this room will not be complete until Baby Girl is here to enjoy it with Chloe.

7 comments:

Karen Wall said...

I think I have said it before, but I love, love, love that bedding! I loved decorating my boy's room, but there is something about little girl's things that is so cute...

Kelly said...

Wow! I am in love with that bedding. I am going to look into getting that if I still can for when Lucy gets a little older. Seriously, that is cute.

Traci said...

Leslie, I love that bedding and I *love* the name Meg! It's the name I've always wanted for ME! :D

It's so much fun to check in on your blog from time to time and see you get closer to your precious girl!

Jules and Danny said...

I love the bedding and think the whole room sounds great. I like funky! And with Chloe's attitude, she is sure to as well... and Baby girl... well, we all have to defer somewhat to our big sisters. When Baby girl gets home to complete the room... she'll love it too.

Catherine said...

Sounds bright and fun! Looking forward to seeing pics when it's completed and even more to seeing pics with Chloe and Baby Girl in it!

Carissa said...

Sounds cute! I hope that we get to see pictures of the finished project!!!!

Anonymous said...

That stuff is so cute. I love it.