Saturday, January 26, 2008

My little playlist

I've been listening to music a lot lately. I find songs I like for whatever reason and listen to them over and over and over.
Some people'd call that a rut, but I like what moves me and it's as simple as that. I checked and here are some songs I've listened to many times the past month:

1. In the Deep - Bird York (from the movie "Crash")
"Life keeps tumblin' your heart in circles... Til you let go. Til you've shed your pride and you climb to heaven and you throw yourself off."
2. The Promise - Tracy Chapman
"Together again. It would feel so good to be in your arms - where all my journeys end. If you can make a promise, if its one that you can keep, I vow to come for you... If you wait for me."
3. Top of the World - Dixie Chicks
"Everyones singing. We just wanna be heard. Disappearing everyday without so much as a word somehow. Wanna grab a hold of that little song bird - Take her for a ride to the top of the world right now."
4. I can only Imagine - Mercy Me
"I can only imagine what my eyes will see when your face is before me... I can only imagine."
5. The Luckiest - Ben Folds
"Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here. And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? ...Now I see it everyday!"
6. Charmed Life - Leigh Nash
"It's a charmed life, Innocence wild. Crayola skies for a thousand miles. It's a good life in the happily ever after ...Last page of a very last chapter. It's the story of a charmed life."
7. Swept Away - Geoff Moore
"Swept away... Caught up in our love. Home to stay. You’ll never be alone. You’ll be amazed at how much you are loved. Life will never be the same I've been swept away."
8. All that I can do - Bethany Dillon
"I don't care what tomorrow brings. I won't back down for anything. I want to think that I was made for something else... I can't wait anymore. I'm ready to reach. So I'm closing the door behind me.
All that I can do is hold onto you and follow where you lead. Where you're leading me. All that I can do is hold onto you and let you bring me through ...It's all that I can do."
9. Dress Rehearsal - Carolyn Dawn Johnson
"So I'm gonna do my best to make the most of it - avoid regret, Take a breath and realize Time is irreversible. This ain't no dress rehearsal."
10. You're where I belong - Trisha Yearwood
"You're where I belong. I belong with you. You're where I belong and I know it's the truth. You're part of my heart. There's nothing I can do."
11. Glory of Love - Bette Midler
"You've got to laugh a little, cry a little. Until the clouds roll by a little.Thats the story of, thats the glory of love."
12. Little Wonders - Rob Thomas
"Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders ...these twists & turns of fate. Time falls away, but these small hours, these small hours still remain ...it's the heart that really matters in the end."
13. No place that far - Sara Evans
"Always know that I would find a way to get to where you are. There's no place that far... Baby there's no place that far."
14. Answer - Sarah McLachlan
"I will be there for you while you take the time. In the burning of uncertainty,I will be your solid ground. I will hold the balance if you can't look down"
15. Smile - Chris Rice
"Every minute takes an hour. Every inch feels like a mile... til I won't have to imagine and I finally get to see you smile."

----------------------------------------------------

It's easy to see what is on my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to burn me a cd? I would send you one..