Sunday, January 6, 2008

9 months along

Today marks 9 months since we mailed in our application to our agency and started on this wonderful journey. It has gone by fast and yet seems so slow at times too. I never imagined how many sleepless nights I would have & how excited I would be all at once.
I look forward every day to following other families blogs, seeing how they cope with the wait, watching as they are united forever with their children and learning so much from strangers who I've come to admire along the way.

It has been a quiet weekend around here.... actually LAZY would be a better word for it. The kids have taken advantage of winter holiday break and are sleeping in every morning... they are in for a rude awakening tomorrow when it is off to school again. Shaune and Keaton are still in bed and it is 10am. Chloe just woke up. I'm always the first one up lately. We are spoiled in the sleeping department and I know that when baby girl is finally home, we are in for a huge adjustment. We are all very used to 8-9 hrs sleep (me less than that because i'm a night owl) so it will surely be a shock to our lazy bones system at first. I adjusted just fine with both Keaton and Chloe as babies though so I'm not too worried. I'm ready for all that a young baby entails, I miss it... all except the diaper ;)

Today I think we are finally taking our Christmas tree down. Its funny how putting it up is so fun but taking it down is truly a CHORE. UGH, so many things I'd rather be doing. It will be nice to get the house back in 'order' though and find space again where Christmas decorations are crowding our home at the moment.

On a totally unrelated side-note... if any readers from Ontario know of a place I can find just plain old solid coloured lanterns (the round globe ones) I am STILL looking. Apparently this is a summer thing but I don't want to wait til Summer to finish Chloe and Baby girls room. I'm looking for orange, red, pink & greens to hang close to the ceiling in a cluster, above the bunk beds.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I am *so* looking forward to diapers again ;-)

hey, you want me to look at pier 1 and world market for the lanterns and then bring them to cha with me?? just a thought- i think i saw some online at world market..i'll check

Carissa said...

I hope you find what you are looking for, you wait contines to fly by and we get to see pictures when the room is done!