Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Another family...

a family in our agency got happy news of their referral... what a happy new year 2008 has started off to be for them! She is beyond precious and 2.5 months old. Every happy family ahead of us that gets their referral brings me such happiness... for them but also for us as we know our wait is eventually coming to a happy end. I can barely think of anything else lately and we still have a while to wait :) I have a feeling our baby girl will be an infant (we indicated baby or toddler) since that seems to be all our agency is referring (that I've heard of) - I wonder every day if this is the day she maybe is born. Crazy stuff like that running through my head non-stop.

In other news, we had a fabulous New Years Eve. We rented rooms at a hotel here in the city and just hung out with good friends that also have kids - we swam, listened to music, talked and rang in the New Year as a group in one of our 3 rooms. I couldn't help but feel a bit emotional thinking of how much will change in the coming year for us... a young child again, a sister for Chloe and another sibling for big brother Keaton. Shaune is a wonderful dad and I know he is quietly anxious too, to begin this new chapter in our wonderful life. 2008 is our year to become a family of 5!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Yay for another referral!! you guys are getting closer every day :-) yep, 2008 is going to be great!!

wish we could have hung out with you guys NYE!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Do you have any guesstimate when you may receive a referral. I'm thinking and hoping it may be the last quarter of the year; hopefully the MOU is renewed, so we can get a referral. Where in Canada are you? MY SIL is from Vancouver, British Columbia.

Family of Four said...

Hi! Thanks for the post. We are from Dalhousie, NB! Great to meet another canadian!! I am going to add your blog so I can keep track of your journey!! Happy New Years!
`The Sweeneys~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope you get your referral sooner than you think! (Or the year passes quickly!)

Carissa said...

Sounds like you had a great celebration! Also, I hope that you continue to hear about each referral so that it brings you closer to your baby girl!