Saturday, January 5, 2008

Kristin - For you...

A while back I was asked my a fellow VN blogger for some quick tricks/fixes I use with photos in photoshop. I summarized a few in my latest write-up for Better homes and Gardens blog I write for. I thought I'd post the link here for Kristin and anyone else that likes to spruce up their photos a bit on the computer. I find it fun to take a crappy photo and turn it into a good one.

http://my.bhgscrapbooksetc.com/sbe/persona.jsp?userId=a6a21c1fc30a72048ad97f63f41037f0&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3aa6a21c1fc30a72048ad97f63f41037f0Post%3a5aa16c14-4d29-4041-b05b-334e498bcf99

7 comments:

kristin said...

thanks, leslie! is it safe to assume that i'm the 'kristin' you're mentioning? :)

i'm a graphic designer, so i have to use levels/ curves/ saturation all the time to fix the terrible photos that clients submit to me... ugh. i liked your write up a lot - i always think your photos look great, so it's nice to how far your pull in your levels, etc. to achieve the blown-out, but still-saturated look. i love your style!

thanks again for the link!

Leslie & Shaune said...

hey kristin. actually it was another Kristin mommy-in-waiting i think ("patience is a virtue blog" ... but i love reading your blog and think i've commented a few times.

i love playing with photoshop. i admit to being an amatuer... i learn as i go but it is fun. :)


leslie

angie said...

yea...i am so excited! i just got photoshop last year and i have no idea how to use it. i have fun playing with it, but really have no idea what i am doing. i had been wanting to ask you how you achieve the look in your pictures!! i am so glad you are sharing...i can't wait to check our your tips!!

Thanks!!

Tara said...

OH MY GOD Leslie....you are brilliant! THANK YOU (yet again) for your words of wisdom. I SO wish we lived closer - I've learned so much from you and would love to learn more! I cant wait to play with some photos!

Carissa said...

Thanks!

Jennifer's Family said...

I enjoyed reading your photography tips. I love photography and have bored people numerous times with all of my photos on my blog. :-) Did you ever post about your equipment? Would love to know what it is. I wish there was a way to add your BHG blog to Google Reader!

Kristin said...

Thanks so much for posting this just for me! I feel honored! :-)

I can't wait to get a few minutes this weekend to sit down and play around with some of your techniques. I think I still I have your email address...maybe I'll send you a few just to get some feedback. I just love what you do with your pictures!