Monday, January 14, 2008

GTA Waiting Mommies Night Out

Saturday was a great day. Jacqueline drove down from Kingston and then I drove into Toronto for the bi-monthly night out with the GTAWM group. (GTA stands for Greater Toronto area although the group has expanded over the year and now has members from Kingston, Belleville, Kitchener/Waterloo, Buffalo NY, etc).
It was at the Pickle Barrel at the Yorkdale Mall. I love the Yorkdale Mall and usually spend way too much there but after 1+ hr of shopping we headed to the dinner and I didn't purchase anything. I was as shocked as my husband was... nothing spoke to me and I must of been feeling a bit cheap on Saturday. RARE!

Dinner starts at 6pm and we left the dinner at 10pm (or around that time)... 4 hours of chatting and good food. The group consists of waiting mom's (and a few that are now united with their child) from China, Vietnam and Ethiopia.


I can hardly wait to do it again in March.

Thanks Jacqueline for being a great driving companion. Thanks B for so much great knowlege on the process. Jules, I am hoping you hear word VERY soon. Leslie W... it was great to meet you and I hope you can have som great news in the coming month or two also. So much to look forward to.

Ange was not able to attend this months get-together dinner... but she had a very valid excuse... she was on a plane - on her way to Vietnam to finally be united with baby Owen, whom she was referred back in August. I am so excited for her and can't wait for an update.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great time- I hope to be able to meet all of you next time!

Carissa said...

Sounds like great fun and a good time!

Jules and Danny said...

It was great to see you again and know that I had the right Leslie with the right face... oh my, I am bad at that. Looking forward to March and to your weekly photos until then!

Catherine said...

It was great to see you again!! Looking forward to next time too.

Anonymous said...

glad you got to have some time out!! i can't wait to get some good girl time in next month with you :-) better buy some new pj's!! (me, not you! haha)