Friday, January 9, 2009

Waiting mom dinner

Tomorrow I am trekking up to Toronto for our bi-monthly Waiting Mom dinner. I haven't been the past few dinners due to other engagements but I'm able to go tomorrow and am looking forward to it. I will be meeting a few new faces from our agency (other waiting moms) as well as lots of familiar faces that like me are anxiously awaiting news on a child to love.

I'm heading in a bit early because there are some great shops at the Yorkdale and I plan on visiting a few of them. I might even buy baby girl an outfit to pick my spirits up a bit. It's been a while since I bought anything for the baby.

Mostly I'm looking forward to seeing other women building their families similar to how we are. I'm excited to sit and chat for hours while eating great food. Thanks Catherine for planning these dinners.

4 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

I'm looking forward to it as well... I am presently fretting over our meeting tomorrow morning with our AP... gosh, I had forgotten how anxious this part of the process is. I can't wait for it to be over and to get that new LOA from the ministry.
I will definitely help you pick out little girl clothes!!!!
Jules

Julie and Dean said...

Hope you had fun with your friends. I enjoyed you last couple of posts. I really liked your positive post.
Let me know how the Skype works out, I want to try that too.

Catherine said...

You're so welcome friend! It's a treat to plan these as they're so good for all of us.

Saturday's dinner was AMAZING! 3 new referrals to celebrate as well as a mamma in Vietnam. Doesn't get much better...until it's YOUR referral we're celebrating!

I have pics to upload and will add them to the yahoo group tonight.

Great seeing you. Hope you got home before morning with all that snow!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to read "The Call" post!