Friday, January 23, 2009

Pretty jewellery and the name game

I am not much of a jewellery girl. I don't wear my engagement ring much and like only my wedding ring on my hands. I don't wear earrings ever (although a diamond pair would be a welcomed addition to my ears) and I only wear a bit of costume jewellery for special occassions.


But, I saw this necklace and charms by Suzanne Myers and I love the simplicity and special meaning behind it. Each charm has your child's name stamped into it and there are various patterns to choose from. I think I could handle a clean and simple necklace like this... with the name of my three children on it. I've added the webpage to my 'wish list' in my favourites files and I would love to order myself one once we get our baby's referral... as a congratulations to myself for remaining sane when it was questionable if that was possible.

























As to the 3rd name carved on the charm... we are still up in the air about a name. We toss Meg (Meggie is the name from a favourite mini series "The Thorn Birds") and Isabel (The name from one of my favourite movies "Legends of the Fall") back and forth and the kids like the name Maya a lot also. Lately I've been thinking of the name Mia (pronounced like Mia Farrow) and it is now on the list also. I have a feeling the minute we see our little girls face for the first time, her name will become obvious for us. Having her Vietnamese name will also be helpful since we plan on incorporating it as a middle name for her.

Just for fun I am putting a name poll in the side bar - please vote on a name:
1) that sounds nice with our last name
2) that's suitable
3) that you just plain like the best
...We want a name that she won't have to share with 5 other girls in her class. A name that is sweet but also one she'll be able to grow into adulthood with.


I dropped my Vietnamese medical form off for my doctor to redo today (the last one is now expired) and this is the last thing we've been told to do in preparation for our referral.


So... we are ready. Phone: go ahead and ring... we are READY.

7 comments:

Tara said...

I CAN'T stop thinking about you!

So excited to hear that your phone has 'rung' with good news. AND...bth, I love the necklaces! Very Cute.

My family ring(s) are like this - two small rings one with Noah's name, birthday and his stone and one with Joshua's name, birth date & stone (and you just wear them together - though they are too tight right now so I don't actually wear them)! BUT....hmmm, never thought about that - having to order another 1 or 2 once our family expands!!! Ooooh...how exciting is THAT sounds and will be!!!

BTW, did I tell you that we start our PRIDE in the next few weeks (it'll last over 4 Saturdays with a possible Saturday off in the middle) - so we should be done in 5 weeks or the first week or so of March and out home study will run consecutively to PRIDE, though I'm not sure if it'll be done when PRIDE is done - but soon after! I'm SO excited to be moving forward...

Like I said, 2009 is gonna be an amazing year!!!

Samantha said...

Thorn Birds was the first "grown-up" book I ever read - I was not much older than Meggie at the time, and completely fell in love with the character. So that's my vote!

Anonymous said...

WARNING: maya and mia are becoming very popular! if you love it, go with it...but i just thought i would warn you :) we love both those names and they were the top 2 if we got a girl, but i started rethinking after i started hearing it SO much!

i voted for meg, but i really love charlotte, too!! you really can't go wrong with any of them!

Jennifer's Family said...

Those are all nice potential names. Have you looked up sites online where you can see how popular names are, since that's a consideration for you? If you want honesty, I'm afraid that most of those names on your list are pretty popular. I like the name Isabel a lot but I also know many people shorten it to Izzy, which I'm personally not crazy about, and it's also very common. The only one not in the top 100 (U.S.) is Meg.

Good luck. I really struggled with a name during the entire course of my adoption wait, and I wasn't even sure what I wanted until the nurses at the hospital demanded to know what the baby's name would be and I just blurted out Emmerson (and her middle name)! (I love it now!)

~Jennifer G.
www.thisisnow.org

Jules and Danny said...

You and I have discussed how much I love Meg... the name and the book from which it came! It definitely get my vote and I like it with your last name! Though I tend to agree that when you see her picture you will know what her name should be!

And the necklace is beautiful!

Jules

Dawn said...

Here is another site with similar styles.... www.tinytagdesigns.com

Renee said...

I just posted a picture on my blog of my necklace that Brian gave me for Christmas (from Tiny Tags Designs)- I love it SO much!! You should totally get one- I am just like you- don't wear any jewelry at all, but I wear this all the time!

Names seem so hard this time around- I don't know what it is! We are struggling! We have two in mind, but aren't sharing with family yet.. we are just going to wait to see what our daughter's name is first!

I agree- we are needing some phone ringing SOON!! I am getting impatient & cranky!!