Saturday, January 17, 2009

Doing 'stuff'

...finally feel like we have the reason to move forward and start getting stuff 'ready'.

There are still so many things we won't be able to buy until we know our child's age, since we did specify up to toddler age in our homestudy... you never know. Mostly our agency seems to refer younger babies so that is what we are assuming... who knows at this point. It will be a wonderful surprise either way.

So... we are just starting to collect little things and are starting to narrow down our choices on bigger items we need such as crib, stroller and highchair - to name a 'few'. The only thing we have still from when Chloe was a baby is a portable play pen that is in like new condition.

We are still considering a stroller that has a standup/sit down feature on the back of it for little miss-behave to sit on when shopping. She loves the idea (little miss-behave aka: Chloe - she lived up to the name last night at Toys R Us) of riding along with her sister and I like the idea of still having a little bit of a reign on her at the mall, etc.
The only 2 I've found is the BabyTrends Sit n' Stand (I think I'd have to drive to the States to Target to get this one... not a biggie - less than 2 hr drive to Watertown, NY). The other one I can get right at our Toys R Us here and it is called the Joovy Caboose.
I'm completely undecided. I think I like the Joovy better because it is not as 'long' - I don't want to be using it if it feels like a tandem double stroller... especially since Chloe won't be in it all the time with her sister.

We are probably just going to do the Playtex bottles with drop in liners - they are easy to use and I'm used to them since I used this system with both my others once I was finished breast feeding.

We picked up an adorable white sun hat, an inflatable baby tub for Vietnam, and these Munchkin fresh food feeders that I couldn't resist (you can put veggies or fruit, etc in them and they munch on them without the worry of choking on a big bite).

It is nice to finally feel like we need to begin preparing!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay!! Preparing is such fun! Those little feeders are cute. Have you heard of anyone who has used them?

Starting to plan out my cupboards too. Noticed the starter kit of Playtex Bottles is on sale at Wal-Mart this week. Might need to treat ourselves. :o)

So happy that you're getting started! FUN!!!

Jules and Danny said...

Sounds like good times at Baby central! Those fresh food feeders are pretty cool!
I have yet to start preparing... I'm sure it will all be a mad dash once the referral comes... aghhh, I'm so unorganized...
Jules

Anonymous said...

yea for doin' stuff!!! i am so glad you are sitting pretty at #1...you are in the home stretch now!

Samantha said...

As far as I'm concerned the 2nd best thing about the wait is all the time for shopping (the best is meeting all of you).

I do appreciate that for some families prefer to wait until the referral or even the travel date.
And that would be fun too! In fact, I suspect there will still be a lot of dashing around in my future...

Tara said...

OMG....I am SO excited for you! You can tell you are so excited.... so happy for you guys!!

Love the fresh food feeders - I can't believe how much has changed since ours were little!!!

Happy planning....and making it a reality!!!