Sunday, May 25, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman

I didn't know of his music until we started on this adoption journey. I fell in love with his song "When love takes you in" and discovered many more of his Christian songs that I loved (Cinderella, With Hope, Remembering You, etc).
I was so saddened to hear of their family tragedy this past week. He has a beautiful family with both bio children and 3 beautiful girls adopted from China. He is a great supporter of International Adoption and has a foundation "The Shaohannah’s Hope" to help families with the cost of adoption. I am sure they need and appreciate everyone's special prayers for Maria and their family. I cannot stop thinking of them... of this precious little girl and how quickly life can change - in a blink of the eye.
I saw this video to his song "Cinderella" on another friends blog and couldn't help but reflect on how this song now holds a different meaning to his fans... he wrote it last year about his daughters. Heartbreaking. Cherish every moment.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Praying often for this precious family.