Thursday, May 8, 2008

Meeting Sadie!!!






My friend J is finally home and settled after spending 3 weeks in Vietnam to bring back her beautiful daughter Sadie. I drove up to Kingston today and met her. Wow, she is something else. I fell in love with her. She is the sweetest... the cutest... and it was so nice to see her in person and play with her and watch her with her mommy. It did me a world of good today. I didn't get many photos of her but her mommy said I could share a photo or 2 of her on my blog.

She is so special. It is hard to believe how much her life has changed this past month and she is the sweetest little girl... so tiny and full of curiosity.

I also had the treat of meeting Michelle in person for the first time. She lives in Ottawa and has been waiting 5 months to bring her beautiful Aimee home from the same orphanage Sadie was at. She drove down and it was so nice to finally connect in person, after months of emailing eachother. I am hopeful that she will be traveling very soon to bring her daughter home, I think her flight leaves next week sometime, unless things get postponed again.

What can I say, it was a great day. I left with a smile on my face and sang really loud to happy music the whole way home.

Thanks J for a wonderful uplifting day and Michelle - it was awesome meeting you. We must get together again... hopefully I can meet Aimee very soon.

4 comments:

The Hines Family said...

She's beautiful! Must make you super excited about meeting your little girl. :-)

Meredith said...

What a beautiful little girl - and such great pictures!

Tara said...

OH Leslie....I am so HAPPY that you had such a nice day! Girl, I think you really needed this. OH and by the way, she is the cutest!!!

Happy for you and Sadie!!!

Michelle said...

Those are great photos! I agree, seeing Sarah was such a thrill. It made me soooooooo happy and warm inside. It was good to meet with you. You are a kind and gentle soul in your blog and in person. I feel so blessed to have met such wonderful people through this process.

Michelle