Saturday, May 31, 2008

Car Advice please!

I have had the same mini van for 7 years now. It has been a wonderful vehicle but we are thinking it is finally time to get something new before our new addition joins the family.


So... the hunt is on for something that has 3 rows of seating, is safe (as possible) in the 3rd row (major concern of mine for rear end collisions) and if possible is NOT a mini van. I have nothing against mini vans but I want something new and different. But... it has to fit a family of 5 (all in infant or booster seats for many years to come - in Ontario Canada our children are basically in boosters until they are 80lbs or 8yrs old... my kids have a long way to go before they will be 80lbs) comfortably plus a baby stoller and other things that inevitably end up in the back of a vehicle.


So, I think I've narrowed it down to these 3...


1) Saturn Outlook AWD


2) Honda Pilot AWD


3) Jeep Commander AWD (which i love best but it is the WORST by far in gas mileage)


Anyone that reads my blog that has one of these vehicles or has an opinion... I'd love to hear from you. Advice appreciated, you can leave it here or email me llightfoot@frontierwireless.ca



THANKS :)

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I know it's not what you're looking for but mom and dad have a Honda Odyssey and they LOVE it! In fact, just traded their old one in for a new one. Good mileage. Tons of room...even a lot behind the 3rd row of seats. Lots of luggage room. Nothing but the highest praise about this vehicle. If I had the pennies, this would be the vehicle I would purchase.

Sorry, no ideas about the others you've mentioned. Hope someone else can help you out there.

Unknown said...

I am a HUGE Honda Fan. I have been eyeing the Pilot for a very long time. In my completely unprofessional opinion.... you can't beat a Honda for Safety. And it looks so very nice.... Best of luck

Jennifer's Family said...

Honda, Honda, Honda. Best vehicles our there. The Pilot is awesome, as is the Odyssey. And they hold their value better than the others you mention. Go with the Honda, by all means. Avoid Saturns!!

Anonymous said...

Another who would say Honda hands down. Either the Pilot (which won't have as much room in the back seat but is still an awesome vehicle) or the Odyssey.

Anonymous said...

i have found that the jeeps aren't the cushiest suv's-unless it is like the Grand Cherokee and even then the ride is still a little rough.. I do love honda's and they usually have great safety and are good, reliable cars- I would definitely check all the safety ratings for all vehicles before you do anything if you haven't already. Have you driven all of these?

Jess and Paul said...

We test drove the pilot and commander a little over a year ago. Initially, I wanted a honda...but we thought the ride was not so great...you felt every bump. We fell in love with the jeep...but liked the way the cherokee felt overall...and went with the cherokee. I love it and will ALWAYS have a jeep from now on...if I can afford to put gas in it.