Friday, May 16, 2008

Long weekend has begun!

Here in Canada we are gearing up for a long weekend. I love me some long weekends with the kids home and Shaune home. Unforunately the weather is looking 'iffy'... rain is coming. Shaune had hoped to finish staining our deck and fence around the pool this weekend and I wanted to get my flower gardens done around the pool as well. We put the pool in October 2006 and still haven't gotten around to much landscaping in the pool area. I'm just not good at that sort of thing. Luckily my brother has a green thumb and has given me some perennials and advice to go along with them. I can't wait til it is all finished and FINALLY the way we want it.

We cannot wait to go see the new Narnia movie. My kids are on pins and needles wanting to see it and we've been counting down the days til it was in the theaters. I loved the first movie and hope this one measures up. Chloe is fascinated that Lucy (the main character) is all 'grown up' in this movie... she is Lucy obsessed. I always thought they sort of resembled each other.

Other things on my list for this weekend is to finally finish painting those DREADED RED STOOLS for the kitchen. Our new leather couch and chair is coming home today and I can't wait for that. I will be pillow shopping this weekend, the set is a chocolate brown leather and I want some bright greens and other colours for pillows. Our house needs more colour!

All this to say I'm trying to keep myself very busy. I have projects to keep me busy on the work front and our house needs some major TLC. I got confirmation today in an email that we are still at #6 on the list of families awaiting a girl proposal. There were 4 boy referrals this week I guess and I'm happy to report that one of my good friends I've made during this adoption journey got her referral!!! He is beautiful and I am very happy for my friend and her family.

So, we continue to wait. Somehow today I feel very at peace with the wait. Now.. that is not saying that I'm not overly anxious and wishing our time was here - but somehow I've come to accept (at least for today - :) that it is out of my hands and it is just not our time yet. I cannot control this situation (the hardest part for me) and I need to stay positive and somehow learn to enjoy the wait more. Worry less, be more patient and just pray that our time will come soon, when it is meant to.

To all the families with our agency that recieved great news this week - HUGE congrats. If you read my blog, drop me an email. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: