Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Slow go

The past couple months we have only moved 1 spot on the wait list for a little girl. I honestly am struggling with what to tell family and friends (and my children) who ask of any news. There is no news, just endless waiting. I know our daughter will join our family but when is very unknown at this time. I honestly am not sure she will be home in 2008 now. I'm trying to stay optimistic and am hoping for travel in the early Fall but it seems more likely that we may get our referral around that time. Then the wait from referral to travel ranges from 2 months - 4 months depending on the orphanage she is at. Will we be in Vietnam for Christmas? No knowing yet.

God grant me more patience. I'm not very good at this.
I'm not complaining. I'm just venting, and hoping for the daughter we are so ready to welcome home already.

5 comments:

B said...

I am with you in the waiting forever line...We can vent to each other at dinner on Saturday.

I think you need to find a few more things to paint red to keep you busy!

Amanda said...

You can vent whenever you want/need to!! I've got my fingers crossed for your referral. Hang in there!

Catherine said...

((hugs)) friend. The wait is so hard some days. You're going to get there and we'll be here ready to celebrate with you!!

Kelli said...

I had NO idea how hard the waiting would be when I started this journey! I can only imagine how hard it will be to wait to travel once the referral happens. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

ah i hate that it is taking so long for you guys, Les... just try to enjoy the summer with C & K and hopefully the time will go fast..