Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Watching the eclipse

...from the comfort of your hot tub, surrounded by crisp winter air and white snow... can't get much better than that. I cannot remember the last time I watched the Lunar Eclipse but tonight I couldn't pass up watching it unfold while we soaked it up in our outdoor hot tub.
We talked about her tonight. About how hard I'm finding the wait and how selfish I feel for admitting that. Will it be 3 months or 6 months more of waiting, to be honest... I'm just not sure - and that is the part that is hard.
Trying to keep myself busy with scrapbooking, sewing and such. Maybe I need a few more hobbies... I've always wanted to learn the guitar (or re-learn I should say) and lately I have wanted to learn knitting. I think the more things I have (on top of all the things I already juggle) to consume me...the better.

Tonight in sewing class I made the most gorgeous dress for Chloe from vintage looking white embroidered fabric. It is really going to look awesome with some vintage frayed jeans & white sandals. I also made a fabric knot-tied head band for Chloe's hair... I plan on doing a bunch more of them because they literally take 10 minutes to make. I got the free pattern from Heather Bailey's site.
Next 'to-do' on my sewing adventures: Pink dress for Baby girl, more bibs for Baby girl & Star Wars PJ's for Keaton.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Leslie....I feel your pain :( I hear it in your voice (read it between the lines). Words of comfort are hard to find for an emotion / process that is so deep - just know that I'm here for you if you need to talk about 'HER'! I love living through you at this point (considering our clock is on a STAND STILL) - and reading your progress! Keep up on the hobbies - and please post some photos of the dress you made for Chloe (would love to see)!!!

Jules and Danny said...

What a great way to watch the eclipse. And talking should make it somewhat easier... there is no doubt that the wait is hard! We need to support each other. One day we will all see babies playing together... oh what a happy day that will be!

Anonymous said...

ooh the hot tub.. sounds like fun! I hate that you are having such a hard time waiting, but really- don't you think it would be weird if you didn't have a hard time?? How can you expect to be patient and all when this is such an important and exciting thing! I mean, you are the farthest thing from being a selfish person!! The unknown is so hard, and I know I am going to be a total freako when it comes time for us to wait... hang in there sweet cheeks :-)