Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happiness

I've met a woman through this journey that is a great person. She lives within an hour of me and we have a lot in common. We are both with the same agency, and today she is frantically packing and planning for her travels to Vietnam to pick up her new daughter, Sadie. Her baby girl is beautiful and I cannot wait til she is home and I can go visit her and play with her... and some day our baby girl will have a playmate with a little girl that shares her birth country and heritage with. I am really excited to see this beautiful little girl become part of a family that is truly special.


I went to lunch today with my husband - to Saigon Restaurant and I couldn't stop thinking of this little girl and the journey my friend is about to begin. It really was meant to be.

6 comments:

Living to Love said...

How exciting! Does your friend have a blog??

Unknown said...

It is so nice to find that connection in real life vs. virtual.

Jules and Danny said...

Hurray for a new family! It's great to be part of it... It makes it seem that much more real for you.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

Your friend is my cousin, Jacqueline:) Although you and I have never met, I have heard many wonderful things about you from her. Thanks for being such a great support!! We will have to get all of our Vietnamese babies together sometime in the near future!!