Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Day

2008 was the first year for my province (Ontario) to celebrate our new holiday "Family Day". Although a lot of employee's throughout Ontario had to work today, Shaune and I both were able to celebrate the day and made a point to make it all about family.
We took the kids out for lunch at Boston Pizza (they love the pizza there) and then went ice skating at our local arena. I made a homemade spagetti supper & then we all snuggled in and watched an hour of "Planet Earth"... Keaton is loving this series so much, Chloe could take it or leave it - but likes to be warned when the Crocodiles are 'comin'.

All in all - it was one very wonderful day. Wish we had more days like this. I couldn't help but think that next year we will have another special little one to celebrate being a family with. Oh JOY!

I also thought of all the people I've "met" in adoption blog world and how my hope for all of you is to become a new family and expand your circle of love this coming year. There is truly nothing more precious than the love of FAMILY. I wish that for each and every one.

4 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

I appreciate the wish for the friends you have met... me being one of them. Hopefully we can celebrate all of our expanded families this time next year.
I'm glad you had a great day!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun day for your family! I have the March TO dinner on my calendar, so hopefully we'll get to meet then!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day- we had a 1/2 family day yesterday :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of family day! What a great concept! I am glad that you enjoyed your day!