Friday, February 20, 2009

Wow!

You must read this old blog post below that I posted 2 months ago. A post about a vivid dream I had about my daughter... the first (and only I think) vivid dream of her. Here is a small snipit of my post:

"Do you think dreams mean anything? I dream a lot ... Shaune says if he does dream, he doesn't remember anything when he wakes up.

Last night I had very vivid dreams of being in Vietnam and meeting our daughter for the first time. Our family was there with us (I wish!) and the orphanage was very loud and chaotic. There were tons of people in front of us and a woman was pointing to a little girl and saying "she is right there" and it didn't matter which way I darted, I could not see her. Then there she was and she was beautiful... she smiled and then held on tight to her Nanny.

...Just something I wanted to document - just in case dreams do mean something."

Ok. I'm sharing this with you because I about fainted when I looked back on my blog to this post to see what I was doing on the day our new baby girl was born. December 17, 2009 - the night I put my head to my pillow and dreamt this first startling dream of her was on her first day on earth. I wrote about my dream the next day on Dec. 18th.

Now how freaking cool is that?!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally believe it. I had a similar experience with our daughter too. That connection is always there.

Diana said...

That is so cool!! Everything happens for a reason. I am so enjoying your joy!! Dalton is so happy for Keaton and his first question was " Do they go and get her tommorrow?" we wish!! I cannot wait to meet her! This is the best gift you could have gotten!! she is so young! You are going to enjoy her so much!! What a lucky girl!!

Catherine said...

SO cool!!! What a treat that you know exactly what happened the day she was born! Too cool!!!

The Carmodys said...

Oh my goodness Leslie . . . now you have me in tears! I love that story. So very special . . . thanks for sharing that.

k

Julie and Dean said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have chills! WHAT! I just read your below post!! If I wasn't so exhausted I'd be jumping up and down right now for you.
YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and oh, almost forgot in all of my excitement for you,... CONGRATULATIONS!

Renee said...

ohhh gives me the shivers- that is so awesome!!!

Jules and Danny said...

Wow again! What a wonderful remembrance of the day your baby girl was born! How special will that be to share with her.
Jules

Anonymous said...

totally made me teary-eyed! soooo happy for you! yeah!!!!

Samantha said...

I am so excited and happy for you!

Kelly said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! This is awesome news. And second of all, that is CRAZY about the dream. How cool. I am so happy for you. You have waited so long.

Tara said...

OOOOooooooo! That is tooooo cool Leslie! I am SO excited, thrilled, and beyond for you. I actually had a hard time sleeping, couldn't stop thinking about what you guys must be feeling right now. How did the kids take it when you told them? I love how Diana put it - "I am so enjoying your joy" - it describes it to a 'T'!! Can't wait to see a picture of your little beautie!!!

Rhonda said...

That's REALLY cool.

beckarecka said...

Amazing! I too believe dreams mean something. I love that you decided to document it in case it did mean something... :)What a beautiful piece to the story.

Samantha said...

I told Loan about your dream and she got goosebumps too. She was at Vung Tau (sp?)II yesterday and says your little girl is SOOOOOO cute!

Leslie & Shaune said...

Samantha!!! Tell Loan to give our girl all the loving she can whenever she visits Vung Tau II.

I can't believe she was there and saw her! EEEH!

I just want to scoop her up and smoooch her whole face with kisses. (our little girl that is) ;)

Anonymous said...

i believe in dreams. my grandmother came to me in a dream and said goodbye the night before she died.

M. said...

Wow! That's amazing. I totally believe God works like that. Very, very cool!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's amazing, Leslie. Gave me chills.

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me. Infact, I spent the day of her birth in the emergency room with unexplained stomach and back pain.
I had numerous tests and nothing ever came up.
I went in the exact hour that she was born on the other side of the world, to a woman I've never met.
Unreal.

KellyG said...

I did the very same thing! I, too had a vivid dream about my 'baby'....and told a few people about it....more or less to just pass the time,I hardly thought twice about it. UNTIL, I got my referral....and then I thought long and hard...and remembered that dream. I also realized that 3 days after my son was born was when I started blogging for 'us'...amazing how things work out...

I'm so excited for you and your family!!