Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hello again Crib

Our baby crib I gave to my cousin a couple months before we started our adoption process. I figured we would be waiting a while (although I didn't think it would be this long) and she needed a crib for her new little one. I also considered that because we were open to older babies, we may be referred a child that would go from co-sleeping with us right into a toddler bed or her Bunk bed.
Well, baby Teyen never really took to the crib. She co-sleeps with her momma and who can blame her for refusing a crib when she has her mommy's loving arms.
Erika has given up on the crib idea and is going to graduate her right into a toddler bed so the sweet crib pictured here (that peacefully slept both our other children and that Chloe slept in until 3 yrs old because she loved it so much) is coming back home. I think we will keep the crib in our room at least at first. I've got Chloe's Pottery Barn butterfly bedding to use in it and we are all set.
Another thing we needed that we can now mark off our list.




On another note, look how young Chloe was when we started this journey! I took these photos in March of 2007 and we applied for our adoption in the beginning of April 2007.

7 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

She certainly a bit bigger now, but is so ready to be a great big sister now! And the crib is adorable... ready to have a new little one sleep or not sleep in it...
Jules

Catherine said...

How wonderful that your new baby girl will have the option of sleeping in the same crib as her big sister and big brother did! Soon friend....soon!!

Julie and Dean said...

We co-sleep and will be moving SP right into a bed. We have his crib set up as a day bed now.
I love co-sleeping with him. Some people don't agree with it but it works for us. I'm glad you are considering it.

Michelle said...

How exciting is that? Hurray! If you have a few minutes check out this online store called PoshTots (perhaps you know it already).
http://www.poshtots.com/
I spent a lot of time checking out their furniture (of course I could never ever afford most of it, but it was soooo much fun to look. It also gave me great ideas for Aimée's room.

John said...

Leslie,
It can't be long now! I've followed your blog off and on for some time. I can't wait to hear your good news. It's such an exciting time from the day you find out till..well for some time. I look back to May when we got our referral and those first two months hold nothing but great memories. The longing for waiting is forgotten, and so are all the sleepless nights. I hope it'll happen for you any day now.

B said...

I check your blog about 10 times per day...my how our rolls have reversed!

Samantha said...

Yaayyaayyayyayayaayayaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!