Thursday, February 12, 2009

We could sure use a pick-me-up

What a rotten week it has been.
I'm ready to pack and move somewhere maintenance free... and in the city.

Explanation:
It all started when my husband got around to changing the UV bulb in our water filtration system for our well water. Things got broken. Costly things. We spent the next day sorting that mess up and still haven't gotten it completely fixed.
Next comes our hot water tank which quit producing any sort of water when the taps are on 'hot' - so we have been without hot water for 2 days now while that gets figured out.
Next ...our basement floods. Yes, yipee skippy! What a mess. This is where I work and a lot of my supplies are likely headed to the trash can. This just happened in the Fall so this is not a happy house this week for any of us.
We had about 2-3 inches - the sump pump is apparently 'frozen' from the cold frigid weather. It got very mild the past day and so the result is melted snow in our basement - oh joy!

Is it bad to have a stiff drink this early in the morning because I think it would do me good?
Kidding (i think).

If there was ever a time that we could use some great news about our adoption - this might be the time. I know in truth, our troubles are small and we will get it all squared away... but it's just been a crappy week and it seems to keep getting crappier!

I'm giving our phone permission to ring and change all that with our proposal. We are ready for some sunshine and happiness around here.

11 comments:

B said...

Okay, that is a sucky list for sure....

Wish you were here with me discovering Sesame Street with the little guy for the first time...complete with a Bug, Bug song by Elmo. Sure to cheer up the grumpiest person.

Ange said...

That is a lot to deal with in a short period of time! I hope things get better & fixed soon!

Diana said...

You should have been at skating this am! I knew something had to be up! Your boy would have for sure cheered you up!! He was skating around singing his little heart out!! I asked him if he was high school musical on ice and he laughed!!
Things will get better but it does suck!!
Need a break for coffee & Baileys give me a call!! LOL!!

Tara said...

Oh you poor thing....I REALLY hope that call comes. That would be JUST perfect right about now!!! *fingers still crossed*

Renee said...

oh that is a bummer about your week- so sorry girlie!! I'll be dreaming of phone rings for you :-)

Samantha said...

Your boy is a figure skater? Cool!

It is definitely okay to have a drink in the morning on days like that IF you are not a regular drinker. I recommend Bailey's in coffee.

If it helps, out house has gone crazy as well. Big glass things keep falling from high places in the kitchen, causing damage in the process and spattering glass shards everywhere. And I haven't been in the basement yet but as soon as I walked in the door I could smell the flood.

"It's only money" only goes so far (as does the actual money).

You are right you will feel better very soon I know it!

Michelle said...

Have the drink girl!!! If it is morning here... it is evening in Vietnam. Just tell yourself you are living in Baby Lightfoot's time zone for the moment. You are going to have to get your body ready for the time difference eventually anyways. Why not start now with a drink!! So sorry you guys are having a bad time. They say bad things come in three, so here is hoping the bad news is over and good things are next to come. Cheers!

Julie and Dean said...

Sounds like you have had your share of rotteness. Hopefully this is the end of it and good news will wipe all of these worries out! Ring phone ring!!

Jules and Danny said...

I agree with Michelle and I like her logic... evening in Vietnam... I like that!

I hope things get better. If sharing good news helps, I waited until I got back from the doctor for my monthly check up so I could share that my platelet count is still good, good, good! Doctors are liking the trend and me too!

That phone is going to ring and when it does, no basement floods, or frozen sump pumps, or anything else will be able to wipe the smile from your face! Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a crappy week, I hope this week is better!

The Hines Family said...

Praying good news comes your way soon to brighten your day!