Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Walkin' on sunshine...

I find myself in a daze most of the time since our proposal of our daughter last week. I am happily enjoying this time and think of Meg often... well almost all the time! She is a part of our everyday chatter around the house and everything we plan now includes her. I also can't leave the house now without wanting to gather and buy the things we are going to need... I guess nesting is trying to set in already - even though we have a few month wait ahead of us still.

We are very happy. Period. Happy and feeling so lucky.

Today I ran into town and bought a cute adoption story book - it is a cute book!

















I also got a super cute outfit for her. I can return it if it is too small - it is from Children's Place and so sweet - it was mostly the hat I fell in love with!



I also have 100% decided on the Bum Genius diapers that extend as the baby grows... so these should fit her from whenever we are able to bring her home until potty training. Since it is a big investment I am really happy that it will be a one-time only thing pretty much. My local store sells 12 and the 13th pair is free so I'm going to get them soon.
I have video of us when we opened up Meg's referral photos for the first time. We also video taped the kids when we told them the news and showed them her photos... it is sweet and funny - I will get that all uploaded to share some time soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest outfit ever. So adorable. I'm still giddy for you!!!

Amanda said...

Super cute outfit - love the hat too!

I had the author of that book (Nancy Carlson) to my school a couple years ago for an author visit. She was so nice and I love her books (Bunnies and Their Hobbies is one of my faves).

I think I mentioned before that we use the all-in-one bumgenius and we love them - let me know if you have any questions about using them...

stollmyheart said...

Awwww, I can feel your excitement! I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy the shopping and nesting! Oh, the Bum Genius diapers are fantastic! You'll love them!

Diana said...

Saw K today... we chatted briefly! He is happy! Glad for your friend!! Joy being spread everywhere!
Can't wait to see your video!!