Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A birthday surprise would be lovely!

I know it is probably too much to ask but tomorrow is my birthday and I would love to recieve our daughter's proposal for my birthday gift. I don't want anything else... just that - nothing else will do!

Shaune my dear husband, please buy a fantastically sinful cake in the event that this birthday miracle does not occur.



Ok, all joking aside... wouldn't that be nice? I don't expect it. Our agency told me that things are just getting back to normal after the Vietnam TET holidays the past week. Still... a girl can hope and dream. It has only been 3 wks at the #1 spot on the wait list and I've managed to remain very calm - I haven't lost it once. I think the longest our agency has went without a girl referral has been 3 months... I could be wrong but I think it was that long once. OMG I hope we aren't 3 months waiting at #1. I guess only time will tell.



In other news, I finally decided on a stroller. We purchased the Quinny Buzz Wagtail from a store up in Toronto and got a great deal on it because the 2009 models are coming out soon and he was clearing the 'old' ones out. We got it for $250 brand new with a 1 yr warranty. It is a sporty little thing - I went in and tested a Buzz at Sears the other day with Chloe.



The things I loved the best about it:

1) the seat can be outward facing or face in at you. I love this feature!

2) the look... it is unique - and I love unique.

3) the push bar is adjustable. It goes down low enough that Keaton and Chloe will be able to push the stroller (and probably fight over who's turn it is) and it raises high enough for tall people so they are not hunched over

4) It opens up with no work by me - it is effortless

5) It drives really nicely!



2 things that made me hesitate:

1) not much storage at all (I 've decided to overlook this and just add some accessory to it from Babies R Us)

2) folding the stroller down and latching it to STAY closed isn't as easy as it should be. Again, I overlooked that for the price and all the features I loved about it.


8 comments:

Tara said...

my eyes are shut, my fingers are clenched in good luck crosses hoping you get that birthday surprise!!!

The Carmodys said...

I'm rooting for ya Leslie! Bring on that baby!!! :)

Happy Birthday - hope you have a great day tomorrow.

k

Renee said...

OH i was just thinking about this yesterday when I looked at my calendar!! how sweet would it be for you to have the best birthday gift ever!!!!!!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday!! If the phone doesn't ring be sure to blow out thos candle and make that wish!! Have a great day Les!!

Jules and Danny said...

Happy birthday girl! I love the stroller... it looks a little like the bugaboo, but not nearly the price. I hope you hear something soon about the little girl that is going to be riding in that cute little stroller...
Jules

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday friend!! Hoping your dreams come trun on your special day tomorrow!

Great stroller! You're stylin now mommy!

stollmyheart said...

loving that! and I love the fact that you can switch the seat! I'm crossing fingers for a birthday miracle!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!! Oh dear.. Your phone is going to ring all day with friends and family calling to wish you happy birthday. Keep it nice and short. We don't want the phone to be busy when the agency calls. Enjoy your day, girl!!!!