Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good news

...no not the news I was hoping for today, on my birthday ... but great news for our agency and hopefully the first step in more children being adopted with our agency. Our director just sent a note out that the People's Committee has approved our agency's accreditation in the province of Ben Tre.
I guess what this means is perhaps more child referrals will begin for our agency in the coming months.

For my birthday I played it very low key. My mom and Aunt Betty took me out for lunch at Saigon - one of our favourite restaurants. It was delicious! Then I was at the arena for Keaton's hockey practice and I just enjoyed birthday cake with my wonderful husband and children.

Simple and amazing... just like my life. I'll end my birthday with some Thai spicy chicken on rice for supper (yes, we are eating very late tonight) and my favourite show: Lost. I am 'this' close to finishing an excellent novel I picked up a few wks ago... I think I'll finish it up before retiring.

It was a good birthday. I am happy and I feel blessed.

9 comments:

Diana said...

any news on your new little one...no matter how small... is good news. That I suppose is your gift. Knowing that other families won't hopefully have to wait as long for their little one now. Your call is coming!!
Enjoy the rest of your birthday!!
Diana

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday...here's to hoping you get a belated birthday 'gift' very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad that you heard good news from the agency today, hopefully THE news won't be too far away.

angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jules and Danny said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! I am enjoying living low key these days, I know that soon things will swing into full action.

Is the novel you're reading the one we pick up at the last dinner in T.O.? If it is, let me know how you liked it...

Jules

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You deserved to enjoy a great day with your family!

The Hines Family said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

Samantha said...

Thinking of you!

Julie and Dean said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
That is really good news for your agency. Honestly, that will move things along for everyone in the process with your agency. Congratulations. I hope you hear your good news very soon.