Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Worried

...found out Meg is in the hospital. I do not know why yet and have been waiting several days to hear. I hope our agency will let me know something soon as I'm so worried about her. My heart sunk this morning when I read an email from a friend that is over in Vietnam right now and she said Meg was brought into the hospital. It could be something fairly 'small' but my heart is still racing with concern.

I feel completely helpless and useless - I just want to go there and be with her and make sure she gets all the care she needs. Of course, with up to 2 months left before we can travel that is not going to happen and I feel really sad this morning. I have been so great about this part of the wait but hearing she is sick brings out the momma bear in me and I just want to get there and hold her.

I have no choice but to hope and pray all is going to go well and that her nounou/nanny is loving her and doing the things I would do if I were with her. Hopefully today I can hear what is the matter and I hope it is something small and that she is on the mend.

Please join me in sending healthy and happy vibes for our little one - it's all I can really do from 1/2 way across the world. This wait now 'officially sucks'. Worry, worry, worry!

4 comments:

stollmyheart said...

oh no. I'm sooo sorry to hear this! We had the same thing happen to Ella last year when all of the babies in Hanoi were getting sick. It was awful being so far away. I'll be crossing fingers and sending oodles of healthy vibes to VN! Hang in there and hopefully you'll get news very soon!

Tara said...

OH NO, Leslie. Sorry for the comment on Facebook now (I may have diminished the worry aspect) that I'm reading this. :( Poor Meg, YOU have every right to be worried... Don't know what to say other than 'hang in there' is a good one. Prayers for lil' Meg & you - I'm thinking you both need the extra 'umpf' right about now!

Michelle said...

Oh no. I can't even imagine being this far away and not knowing what is wrong with her. I hope everything is ok and she is in my thoughts...as well as you.

Kelli said...

Oh no. That has to be so hard- I can't imagine the worry. Definitely sending good, healthy vibes to Meg and will be keeping her in my prayers.