Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Anticipation

A friend is leaving for the orphanage in 2 hrs. She got to Vietnam a couple days ago and leaves soon to take the 2-3 hr drive to Vung Tau...and to her son. I am so excited for her - but I'm also admittedly excited for us! She is going to give Meg our care package and hopefully get some photos of her so we can see how much she has grown and changed.

Seeing her change through photos is hard but I'm just so excited to get to see her face again soon. I wonder if she has lots more hair. I wonder about how she is eating and if she still has those chubby cheeks and double chin I love. I wonder what her personality is like and I am wondering so many other things too.

Monica said:

If all goes well with my computer you may have pictures of little Meg tomorrow morning when you wake up! We will give her lots of cuddles for her family.

So... keep your fingers crossed that I have new photos to add to her photo album by morning time! Also, I want to wish Monica well and say thank you so much for offering to take Meg our care package. It is so kind of her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys. It is so exciting to be part of something so amazing through you guys and your blog. I am so happy that you got your outfit for Meg with our GC. It's adorable. I want to get some $$ to you so that you can use it for formula when you get there. I can't imagine hearing about children in those conditions and not wanting to do something. Tammy

Diana said...

Les... I can't wait to see more pics and share in your adventure.

Catherine said...

What an amazing gift new pics would be!! Hope your friend is able to capture some for you.

Michelle said...

My fingers are crossed. Your care package to her is in a way your very first contact (long distance) with her. I had sent Aimée a pair of little slippers. Jacqueline got a picture of her wearing them. The slippers were ridiculously too big for her tiny feet, but, I TREASURED that picture and still do. By the way, she is wearing those slippers this morning, and they are still a little bit for her! I anxiously wait to see new pics of Meg.

Renee said...

ohhhhh i hope you get new photos- it is such a wonderful feeling to get them!!!! Let me know as soon as you get some!!