Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday Night and Meg's adoption ceremony outfit (maybe)

I had a great Friday night. I drove up to Toronto for our bi-monthly waiting mom dinner that we get together with. There were mom's adopting from Vietnam, China, Ethiopia and domestic last night. It was a great evening. I met up with Jules and Catherine in Whitby and we drove the rest of the way to the Yorkdale mall together. I had one objective: buy a really darling outfit for Meg to (hopefully if it isn't too big) wear at her G&R Adoption ceremony - the day she officially is placed in our arms and becomes our daughter in Vietnam.

I spotted the dress on-line right away yesterday so I went in to Baby Gap knowing what I wanted. It is so darling, complete with a little hat and I just need to find some little socks and shoes (or Robeez) to go with it.

This is what I chose - the pink and green combo is so fresh and one of my favourite colour combo's right now:










6 comments:

Diana said...

Meg will be so cute!! And it will be perfect!

Michael and Tammy said...

It was great seeing you on Friday night!!

LOVE the outfit - she will look beautiful in it!!

Catherine said...

You chose such an adorable outfit!

It was great spending time with you last night!

Samantha said...

You are lucky! We didn't get to dress the boys in their ceremony outfits because in Tra Vinh you meet at the G&R site - we would have had to change them in the van and they were already a little upset and confused. (I'm 99% sure that in Vung Tau you get to take her home before the ceremony) However, they were dressed by the nannies in Winnie-the-Pooh, which was still very special as my Mom and I have Pooh tattoos!

I'm sure you know this already, but for others reading this - make sure all the clothes you bring, for yourselves as well as for your baby, are safe to wash in hot water - baby carriers as well (or, don't use them until after the treatments)

That is a darling outfit. I love my boys but I have to admit, girls are more fun to shop for!

Kelli said...

I saw that when I went to Gap yesterday- so cute and it will be perfect. Hope you bought 3-6 months- their clothes run big!

I will mail out the package this week- it's been a crazy week. Sorry!

Jules and Danny said...

It is pretty darn cute and I'm sure it will be adorable on Meg.