Thursday, March 26, 2009

...Stuff

We are hoping to get another update on Meg soon. I'm praying she is getting much better and is possibly even out of the hospital soon. I barely have a moment in the day when she is not on our minds... I don't know how we will possibly wait another 1-2 months to hold her - but we will - whatever it takes.



I went shopping on Tuesday for some baby items and found a cute diaper change pad that is pink with white polka dots. I also got her a sweet little bathing suit (yes, another one) and a plaid sun dress. I'm really trying to hold back and not buy her too many clothes just yet since I should wait closer to travel to see if we can get an idea how big she is getting. Still - how can a mom resist?



























We have 'almost' 100% decided on this hotel to stay at while in Vietnam. It is a serviced apartment hotel and looks very nice and is close to the city center where we will need to be from time to time to complete our paperwork to get us all back home. We are considering either the studio apartment or the 1bdrm. The Somerset seems to cater to our agency so we are hoping maybe some other families will be staying there also. It has a beautiful pool that I'm sure we will appreciate in the sweltering heat of Vietnam!



Hmm, what else? Well, I had hoped to get new photos of Meg when Loan (our in country coordinator) went to visit Meg in the hospital but she was unable to get any. She did however report that Meg looked okay and she continues to get better. I am unsure if we'll get any more photos before May when we travel :( I know another woman that is travelling to Meg's orphanage before we go and if we are lucky she might be able to tell us how big she is getting and snap some photos of her.

8 comments:

The Hines Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Meg is in the hospital. I can truly empathize with you as Molly was in the hospital while she was in Vietnam. It was SO hard to wait around on a phone call or email knowing that your baby was sick. I hope she recovers quickly and is out of the hospital very soon!

Unknown said...

Your little one is in our prayers. She will be better soon, and then you can all be together. Congratulations again

Anonymous said...

I hope you get an update soon! I just bought that same dress for Lana, it is adorable and looks even cuter on!

Michelle said...

Shopping is so therapeutic, isn't it? Very cute dress. I sent you an email regarding next week. Hope you got it. In short, Aimée and I are excited you ae common to Ottawa!

The Letter 'W' said...

just found your blog... we got home a week ago with our son from Vietnam. we stayed at the somerset and it was nice. a lot of adoptive families from a bunch of agencies stay there. we nver once used the pool as it was way to cold and overcast the whole two weeks we were there. and i even bought a new bathing suit for the pool! hope you get to travel soon.
shannon
AP to Trey 10 months
BP to Teagan 2 years

Dawn said...

I am with the same agency as Shannon and LOTS of PAPs stay at the Somerset. Maybe we will stay in the HCMC one before we head to Hanoi.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. Sounds like you guys are ready! Us too!! Hope you travel SOON!

stollmyheart said...

Glad to hear Meg is looking good...hoping she's out soon!

We stayed at the Somerset in Hanoi...it was amazing! I think you'll love it! The staff was great and having the extra space was wonderful. So exciting to be making those plans!!