Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun-filled day

I'm up in Ottawa with Shaune for a little R&R (while he works at a conference) and spent a great today with friends I never get to see.

Kim picked me up at around 10am and we headed to Samantha's place. I've chatted with Samantha many times by email and facebook but never met her in person. She was a great hostess to us and the highlight was of course meeting her beautiful twin boys. She has been home a few weeks and is doing a great job I think! We had a great visit and Michelle eventually popped by with her sweet little girl Aimee. We had a great lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant. It was delicious... and Michelle's firm rolls with peanut sauce looked good also! ;)

Kim was wonderful and drove me around her beautiful city - we stopped at several baby shops and I managed to see many adorable baby items. I bought a Belle Baby Carrier after trying on many different kinds. I like that there was very little fabric involved and that it was organic... and mostly that it was comfortable. It is a front carrier that you can wear the baby out or facing in. I think I will appreciate the lack of bulky fabric and straps in the heat of Vietnam (in rainy season).

Here is a photo of the one I chose... it is very 'unisex' which I'm sure Shaune will appreciate!

Thanks for a great day out girls! Thanks Samantha for the terrific book - we will cherish it! Thank you Michelle for the sweet gift you prepared for Meg - the dress is adorable and I love the little swim floatie! Kim - you were so kind to entertain me and drive me around all day - thanks so much for that.

Peace out... going to grab some tasty foods!

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great day. And it's fun to extend your circle of adoptive friends...
Jules

Tara said...

Sounds like you had fun....

BTW, how is MEG doing? You (& Meg) has been on my mind. I've been meaning to email you...

Let us blogger buds know, please!

Michelle said...

Well, it was great for us to catch up with you my dear! I agree, the firm wraps were lovely and the peanut sauce was down right delightful! You know, next time I see you, I will bring you rice paper wraps to use in the privacy of your own home! That is just the thoughtful kind of lady I am!!!