Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For Meg

I went and picked Meggie up a few things to send with a friend who will be uniting with her son at Vung Tau 2 in the next couple weeks. I decided to steer away from fabric items just because Scabies is in the orphanage and I don't want to make matters worst, especially in her crib.

I decided on this little photo book. I have photos chosen of each of our family to print out and I am going to add the Vietnamese name (ie: Dad is Ba) onto each photo. Hoping Meg's nanny will show her our photos once in a while. I know she is young but what the heck.























We also are sending her a Link set that can hang on her metal crib for something to kick and swat at and stimulate her. The bee's wings click and turn.














I am going to send a disposable camera with flash as well, so maybe the nannies will take some photos of her in the coming months so I have a record of all her changes she will make before we can travel - I think she will cherish having as many infant photos of herself as possible someday.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Great choices Leslie. When I went to pick Aimée up at the orphanage, I was pleasantly surprised to see that she still had everything I had sent her in the previous months. It is so exciting and comforting to know your child is snuggling up against something you held and kissed. It is the closest you can get to her right now.

Christine said...

Those are so cute Leslie! Gabriel has the photo album too. That is so nice that you can send her a care package.

Shannon said...

I just thought about you and had to pop in, so excited to see the great news for your family! Meggie is so lucky to have a family like yours waiting for her!

Jules and Danny said...

Sounds great. It is wonderful that you are at a point where you are sending things... how exciting!
j

Anonymous said...

I remember putting a care package together for our son. It meant so much to me to reach out that way.

Anonymous said...

I remember putting one together for our son. I put so much thought into it and never saw any of it back. It was too bad- the photo books are great.

Tara said...

I was just shopping today for some goodies for your care package and I saw this photo album and thought of you! It is SO adorable!