Sunday, April 6, 2008

A year!!

Has it really been a year today that we began this amazing and suprisingly difficult journey to baby girl? I honestly hoped and prayed that she would be in our arms by now, but our time is coming... I can feel it. Not everything happens when you want it to and the many blessings in our life remind us daily that she is worth the wait, worth the uncertainties... and worth every thought, prayer and stressful moments I've had the past year.

I really truly hope she is with us by Fall. I can't believe I'm typing Fall... I always had hoped for Spring 2008 but expectations and hopes change with time. I know she will come to us when the perfect time shows itself. I will continue to dream of her and all she will become to our family. Her brother and sister anxiously await her arrival. We want her so much. She is so wanted. I cannot wait to love on this child.

Today is a big day. It marks a year closer to our 3rd child. It marks a year full of emotions and it marks the anniversary of the day we made one of the best decisions of our lives... following our hearts to a place that was calling to us.

12 comments:

angie said...

happy anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

i know it is bittersweet because of the long long wait you guys have had, but just think of when you finally get her- you will forget all about this wait!! happy year to you guys :-)

Jules and Danny said...

One year closer! We'll keep praying that your baby girl is in your arms soon.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain!!! I was just talking to my husband this morning about how we thought we'd have our little one home with us by now.

And as empty as this sounds at times, YOU ARE getting closer to your little girl EVERY DAY.
Keep believing and stay positive!

Catherine said...

Just wanted to let you know that Jim and Jacqueline made it to Vietnam :) You can email me at connorskos@yahoo.com or follow my blog, which I will update when I hear from them...http://elisabethandisabella.blogspot.com

Catherine
Jacqueline's cousin :)

Kelli said...

Happy one year anniversary! Every day brings you one step closer to your little girl!

Jill said...

I know how you feel. We are in the same boat. Now praying for fall

Tara said...

You seem to be in such a place of acceptance now - I'm so happy for you! Possibly the sunshine & beach helped with that! It's hard to believe a year has past - I hope one day you can look back and think 'man, it really wasn't that long'! I'll keep your family (including your newest addition) in my prayers! Tara

Michelle said...

Leslie, my heart goes out to you! Some find pre-travel the most difficult, but not me. I say pre-referral is the most stressful waiting period. In my opinion, it gets easier. Soon you will have a little picture of your daughter in your hand and you will know that she is very real (kind of like your first ultrasound visit). I am hoping you will get good news soon!

klpriestley said...

Happy anniversary! You are getting closer to your little girl! I hope that you will see her precious face very soon.

RPF said...

Our thoughts are with you.

God Bless,

Richard, Kristi & Lilli
http://katelinskrossing.blogspot.com/

The Hines Family said...

One year closer! :-)