Thursday, April 10, 2008

My thoughts go to the Martin's

Friends of our's lost their home yesterday. I went to pick Keaton up from school for a doctor's appointment and I saw several fire trucks in the distance. I was shocked to find out at the school that it was Diana's home. I feel horrible. This is the 2nd family I know who's home has been destroyed by fire in the past 5 months. If you remember, my neighbours house burnt down on Christmas Day.
They have lost everything. Diana emailed me tonight after I tried to contact her. They will have to tear down what remains of the home and they lost all their belongings. Thankfully, it was a fire during the day and all the family (including their dog) got out safely.

Diana is a strong girl. I know they will do okay. I just wanted to post and let her know I'm thinking of her, Darren, Dalton and Tyson during this hard time. My mom's house burnt down when she was a child and I know that it is not something that you can easily recover from. My hearts are with you guys. Please call if I can help in any way.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...we will be praying for them!

Anonymous said...

oh that is so bad- so sorry for your friends!!!

Cari said...

Wow -- how horrible. I'll be thinking about your friend and her family. Thank goodness everyone got out okay.
Cari

B said...

How old are the boys? Do they need anything? Seriously, I'm in the Oshawa area on Sunday and I have got SO MANY CLOTHES up to 6X...email me.

Diana said...

Thanks Les!!