Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Focus on the positive

2 things (adoption related) making me very happy today...

First - is the news of a lovely family in Ottawa from our agency that recieved their referral for twin girls! Can you imagine? I bet they are adorable. Congrats to this family! I'm assuming this may put our family at #6 on the list now, but I'm not sure.

Second - my friend J, (who does not have a blog - gasp!) is in Vietnam right now and has met her new 15 month old daughter... although they haven't had their G&R cememony yet. I've stared at their photos forever and am so happy for their family and for this beautiful little girl that holds a special place in my heart. I cannot wait until they are home and I can see her in person. I hope she and our baby can be friends and share a common bond. I also asked J to take photos of all the babies in the orphanage... just in case Baby Girl Lightfoot is there somewhere.

These 2 things, today, helped me focus on the positive about the adoption. The wait is so worth it, the wait is so worth it!

Tonight, I'm sending my love to the children of Vietnam!

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

I'll join you in sending that love! Twins, can you imagine!