Friday, April 11, 2008

Got my first shot

I finally got organized enough to order my first TwinRX prescription and have my doctor administer it. That was a couple weeks in the making... everytime I'd be in town, my doctor's office was closed for lunch or for the day.
I finally did it though, it's nice to have this underway even though I know I have lots of time likely before we'll travel. He gave me the option of fast tracking it (completing all 3 shots in a 1 month time period) or doing 1 now, 1 in one months time and then the final one in 6 months... hopefully we would be back from Vietnam by then but who knows. I went with the slower process, is that the right decision? I am clueless about vaccines and what was the right option to choose. I don't need the 3rd one before returning from VN, right?

The prescription for the needle was covered by our prescription plan (thank goodness, we each have to get 3 of them) but the writing of the prescription by the doctor costs $20 and then each time he gives the needle it is another $20. So the vaccine process for each of us will only cost about $80 total as opposed to approx $260 if our plan hadn't covered the meds. Yikes.


The cost of all these things 'hurt' but needles themselves don't bother me one little bit. Which my doctor finds odd considering I was subjected so many as a 5 yr old when my cat got rabies and our whole family had to go day after day for the shots. Fun, Fun! I told him all I remember is my dad taking me for ice cream after our needles as kids. Today, I didn't treat myself to ice cream though... I started a new 'diet'. Let's hope this one works better than all the other times I've tried the past few years ;) I don't want to be fat and sweating like a piggie in Vietnam (or ever anymore actually). Wish me LUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. you do not need to diet, crazy girl!! you look great! but good luck anyway!

2. yay for getting started on the shots- i was just thinking about that this morning and when we needed to start!

3. I'm so excited that you are getting closer!!