Monday, April 21, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I get a lot of emails from people about digital scrapbooking. Although I don't do a lot of it, since my job calls more for working with paper and product... I do love digital scrapbooking. There is something about being able to finish a layout, upload it and share it with friends or print it and then have NO MESS to clean up. I am a very messy scrapbooker so I think my husband thinks Digi scrapping is GREAT! ;)


With digital scrapbooking, once you learn a program (I do all my digital pages on photoshop) you simply download designs, papers, elements and work with them over and over. Talk about a 'green' way to scrapbook. No waste at all and you can reuse your digital designs over and over again.



I haven't done a digi page in months and months... but I'll share some older ones from last year. For anyone interested in learning about digi scrapbooking, there is an enormous amount of help out there on the internet. There are also Idea books (Scrapbooks Etc has one and so does Autumn Leaves) and free tutorials all over the web. My favourite site for digital is http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ = this is where I learned how to put it all together. When I first got started I had no idea how to do anything on Photoshop. The tutorials are wonderful and in-depth. Most the digital kits I use are from there as well. I have some from Designer Digitals that are great too.

































4 comments:

M. said...

Beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for sharing! I recently got PSE, in the hopes of getting the hang of digi scrapping, since I too am a VERY messy scrapper, but I have yet to get the hang of it. Maybe someday... Besides, there is something about standing in the store looking at all the gorgeous papers and various doo-dads, touching them, thinking about layouts, etc... There's just no replacement for that. Total heaven to me.

The Hines Family said...

How fun!! I think I could handle that. A little less mess lying around--my husband would like that! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool. Your pictures are amazing all by themselves, but the pages make them look even more amazing. So much better than sitting in a folder on the computer (and right now I have over 5,000 of them!!!). You're an inspiration! How ya holding up with the wait? Seems like you're keeping busy! Take care!

Anonymous said...

you know i love all of your layouts, but that one of you and me is seriously my all time fave- you are awesome girl!