Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dragonfly for Halloween?




Anyone looking for a dragonfly costume for your little one - I found this and can't buy it this year (maybe next?) so I thought I'd pass the link on - it is precious!



My children are getting older and want a say in what they are for Halloween now... can you imagine? ;) Chloe is Barbie Island Princess obsessed at the moment so that is her costume, Keaton continues to be in love with all things Star Wars and chose a Boba Fett costume - he wants his Dad to dress up as Han Solo! Ha.


Does anyone know what the symbolism and importance of the dragonfly is for Vietnam (I know it is similar to the ladybug in China, but I don't know more about it)... would love to know - post if you know.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest costume! Sorry I cannot help with the dragonfly thing.

S. said...

I hate when they have opinions about their Halloween costumes! I always want like Peter pan/Wendy Dorothy/Scarecrow etc.--but M. definitely has her own opinion now!

THe dragonfly costume is adorable! I don't think the dragonfly really has any special cultural meaning, but if you like it, go for it!

Jen said...

I think the dragonfly thing is something the adoption community imposed upon Vietnam. I did some research a while back and couldn't really find any definitive reason that dragonflies were associated with Vietnam except that they are VERY plentiful in SE Asia.