Sunday, September 30, 2007

A place I go...

when the wait ahead seems daunting or I just want to think about the path we are following and the child that will someday be a part of us, of our family.
This site: http://www.childviet.blogspot.com/ is a favourite of mine. To see how others are helping the children of Vietnam, to just see all their beautiful faces sometimes, to feel in touch with a place I am quickly falling in love with and learning more about every day. Sitting here in comfy Canada, I feel so far removed from her and from her country. I feel helpless to make a difference when all I really want to do is swoop down and hug all the kids and make it all good. A friend I have met online that is adopting from the same Ontario agency as I am came up with a wonderful idea - something small we can do to help the children. We have been collecting clothing donations from family and friends for a month or so. I have 5 big boxes of new and some gently used clothing that we are going to start having sent over to Vietnam and the orphanages. I know Leah has collected a bunch too. I am also hosting our annual Halloween children's costume party again this year and this year we are having families donate new clothing towards the cause. People can be so giving and I thank everyone that has shown us that you do care. You mean a lot to us and our family. It isn't a lot but it is a little and it makes me feel a bit more connected to Vietnam and the child that may already be there, the child we are waiting to bring home.

Another thing I'm spending a lot of time doing: I love visiting family blogs and reading thier journey towards adopting from Vietnam and how similar we are and how different we are all too. I've learned so much in the process. It is helping me pass the time, especially in the evenings when my mind begins to obsess :)

No comments: