Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Longer wait than we thought...

This wait. Yuck. I was in touch with our agency today and they let me know I was mistaken on expected time frame... I was thinking late spring to travel when they actually meant late spring, early summer until REFERRAL (then another few months before we travel.)
So, it looks like our wait is now likely bumped up again for an early fall 2008 travel time. Wahhh, I had my heart all set in us waiting out the time and having our baby girl home by Spring - that is not likely to be the case.
I do appreciate my agency's honestly and I'm just going to keep crossing my fingers that they are over-shooting their estimates. :)
Shaune, my husband, always the optimist reminded me that 9-10 months til referral is about the same as a pregnancy. It really isn't THAT long. I'll continue keeping busy and it looks like I'll continue traveling for work as needed. I had secretly hoped that my trip to Memory Trends in Las Vegas last week would be my last one for a while. I plan on taking a year off from any work-related travel once our referral is here.
Maybe I'll start a list of 1000 things to do to pass the time. Maybe I should finally learn to knit?

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry about the increased wait time. It is always hard to hear that kind of news.

kristin said...

shoot! i'm sorry. that would be very hard to hear... here's hoping you're right and they're just overshooting their estimate.

i DEFINITELY recommend learning to knit. it's been a sanity saver during all the waiting... and it's a great fall/winter hobby. wool socks!

R&H said...

It's so hard! I think the not knowing is absolutely the hardest part of this whole process- we had an expected timeline for each little part of the process-and each and every step went WAY beyond the expected timeline. It gets to the point that you don't believe it will ever happen, but it DOES! It DOES! Your day will come. I know it's hard when it seems to long off but stay on the trail and keep moving forward. You'll be blessed.

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear that your wait has increased! defintiely try the knitting - my way of dealing with stress and passing the time for sure.

Unknown said...

Hi There, I just found your blog. sorry about the delay in wait time. My agency goes back and forth quite a bit too. Maybe because they're new in the country. Best of luck in your journey.

S. said...

I'm sorry, but glad they gave you the heads up at least.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet sweet comment and support. I'm so sorry to hear about the added wait time, and so impressed with how you're handling it. Maybe they're erring (is that how it's spelled??) on the side of caution?! Either way, she'll be worth the wait, that's for sure!

Mrs.B said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I know how hard the wait is.It's just really tough sometimes.This blogging community is awesome at keeping spirits up and supporting each other though. A list of things to do is helpful, will keep you busy as well as maybe picking a hobby you enjoy whether it be knitting or something else( I have 10 thumbs so knitting is not for me).... I am glad I found your blog and will be following along.
Best Wishes,
Tamara

Tara said...

Oh Leslie - I am so sorry! :( I unfortunately know all too well about the wait - it's not fair, it's not right - but it just is! I will pray for your new little girl and your family - pray that the time will go fast!

Anonymous said...

well that is a bummer.. but now can we meet in Anaheim as maybe our last show?? Then we will have to plan Vacation 09 trip with new babies :-)

Lynne M said...

It may be 9 months of waiting, but it is also 3 months of paperwork and months in making the decision, so it is longer than being pregnant, but it is doable. Just enjoy the time you have before the new baby arrives. Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary from my log in date and I will be in Vietnam 5 days later. Good luck!