Sunday, September 23, 2007

Where have I been?




Sigh. I have nothing to report. This waiting around stuff is just getting started and I'm struggling already. Luckily I have been very busy with 2 trips to the States in the past 3 wks. I went to Minnesota to the Mall of America Scrapfest 2 wks ago and I just got home from Las Vegas where I was working the Memory Trends Scrapbooking Tradeshow. Every where I go I am now thinking of my 3 children, is that ok? I know we do not even have a referral yet and have a long wait until we will - but I can't help but think of her in all my plans, in all my shopping, in all my travels. I miss a little girl that hasn't even become part of us yet.
When I got home from Vegas, Chloe asked me if her sister came home with me. Bless her heart, she is being so patient and is going on faith since she understands so little about all this. I told her it wasn't time yet and she replied: "Will it be time tomor-noooo" (that is how Chloe pronounces tomorrow - ever the cutie pie!) I have no answers - just that we have to be patient and we can think of her even though we do not know her yet.

We are about 90% sure that her name will be Maya but Isabel is still a close second. The funny thing was when I went away to Las Vegas, Chloe started at a new babysitter. It was her and 3 other girls... guess what their names were.... 2 Maya's and 1 Isabel. For some reason that makes me smile so big :)
Side note: do you all use bloglines? I follow a lot of adoption blogs right now, to learn and to connect with other families like ours and to pass the time...the wait. Bloglines notifies me with a little icon at the bottom of my screen when ever one of the blogs I subscribed to posts. I love it.

Also, Shaune and I would like to take a moment to thank his Graduating class for doing something very special for us this weekend. I am speechless and so thankful to each of you. I will remember your kindness and encouragement each and every time we stumble over a bump in this special road we are following. Thank you doesn't seem enough.


Leslie

3 comments:

K said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Good luck to you! I love the Eiffel Tower picture. Vegas is fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and I love my RSS feeds...

Anonymous said...

oh i am bummed i wasn't there with you guys! love that pic of you and jenn- you guys are gorgeous!! maybe I *won't* get to see you at CHA in january ;-)