Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Orphanage life...










I think a lot about the orphanages and where our daughter will live until we receive our referral and travel to bring her home. There are many orphanages in vietnam and they all seem to be a little different than the rest. I really like the website Adoptionbuzz and seeing the photos, to give me a peek into what my girl's life may be like. Truthfully it causes me some anxiety and sadness but all I have heard of the orphanage care tells me that the children are loved. They may be in conditions that are not very desirable, but the care givers in the orphanages seem to geniunely care for the children they take care of.
I gathered some photos (all credited to Adoptionbuzz website) from different orphanages above. The one of the babies that are able to crawl being gently harnessed to the bed is sad to me.

On my side bar you can also see a video of an example of some orphanage care from Vietnam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture in the hammock really got to me. What if the kids fall? We got one of our son in a hammock. Freaked me out.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me want to take them all home.

Living to Love said...

These pictures just inspire me to keep dreaming and not apologize for focusing alot on the nursery. If our daughter is hanging out in those duds for a couple months of her life...I want to make up for it just a little :o)

I also think it is a great idea to collect clothes & other things and send them over. I have thought about doing that but am not sure how to go about it. Let me know if you figure it out!

Sarah & Seth said...

Sienna's orphanage had some similarities but was MUCH smaller and had a lot more for them to do. I still wanted to take all the babies home (even though they all had families assigned to them).

We took an entire suitcase of stuff to donate-then we used that suitcase for purchases on the way home! We also bought stuff to make life over there easier for us and then just left it there for the orphanages our agency uses. I really recommend their bouncy seats, it was so funny to see her bounce in them-we can still catch her doing those motions while putting herself to sleep!!