Monday, April 20, 2009

To support Meg's orphanage

On Friday night we are looking forward to attending a fund-raising Gala in Toronto, put on by my friend Christine and our agency. The event is in support of the children of Vietnam and to raise funds to improve conditions at Meg's orphanage: Vung Tau 2. I am really looking forward to meeting friends for a night out 'on the town' and meeting some 'email buddies' that I've never had the chance to meet in person before.

Shaune has never met any of my friends I've met the past 2 years at the 'waiting mom' dinners I attend bi-monthly and so he is looking forward to meeting people he only knows by their names (or the names of their beautiful children).

For anyone reading that is interested in attending and supporting such a great cause, you can get more info and buy tickets here.

We are going to have a busy weekend. Friday is the Gala, Saturday is a birthday party and Sunday is Meg's BABY SHOWER!!! Each and everything this weekend will be a celebration.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Looking forward to seeing you again!
I thought of that too, how this will be the first time Sebastian will be meeting all of you!
How exciting!

Diana said...

have fun!! Dalton can't wait for the baby shower he has bought Meg something super special just from him!!
LOL
See you sunday!!

Jennifer said...

Hi my name is Jennifer. I just traveled to Vietnam to bring home my daughter, it was such a wonderful trip! My daughter is from Vung Tau as well and was in Megs orphanage. We have been home for 6 weeks now. If you would like to email me at jenlsalm@gmail.com I will give you my # and I can answer any ? you may have.

Your Vung Tau friend,
Jennifer

Jules and Danny said...

We'll see you there. I'm looking forward to meeting Shaune.
Jules