Saturday, April 18, 2009

All things Baby!

There is a different shift in moods around here. Since hearing that travel is coming in the next few weeks we have been bustling around preparing our travel needs & getting the house as organized as possible for Meg's arrival.

A friend, Melanie was so generous and gave us a lot of her baby items that she no longer needed... including an infant seat, baby swing, lots of teeny tiny clothes, a bassinet, etc!!! We are so lucky. My sister in law Sarah also showered us with lots of great goodies for Meg - our girl is spoiled already! Thanks to Mike & Sheri - my couz and his wife for an adorable outfit (including some cool shades) that they prepared for Meggie!

Thank you also to my cousin Sheri who generously donated to Meg's orphanage!! You are wonderful!

So, tonight I'm washing and folding and hanging baby clothes! Preparing, nesting... whatever you might call it. I can go anytime now.... I just need a firm travel date so we can book our hotel and flights!!!

Exciting for sure.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

We are leaving the end of the month also!! Not sure where to start, but I am beginning to do things also!!

Julie and Dean said...

So exciting! And it just gets even more and more exciting!!

Catherine said...

So exciting!! I didn't know you had gotten word that you'd be travelling soon. SO happy for you!!

KellyG said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! I remember those months, weeks, days before going to Vietnam to get my son. I was absolutely insane with 'nesting energy.'
During those times, I was absolutely beside myself with anticipation, excitement, doubt, each and every emotion possible! Just know that your sweet little one is waiting for you, and soon, VERY VERY soon, you'll be there with her!!!! You both are in my prayers!

stollmyheart said...

So exciting!!!!!

Jules and Danny said...

Hurray for you!