Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Planning

... got my guide book, time to start thinking about what we 'hope' to do while in Ho Chi Minh City! Ideally I would love to stay in a resort on the South China Sea for 4-5 days during our time in Vietnam but we will have to play that one by ear... depending on the weather, the heat, and mostly our sweet little girl and her health. I've got Mui Ne and Vung Tau resorts bookmarked and ready to read up on more.

Anything in and around HCMC that we shouldn't miss?
Truthfully I am SUCH a wimp in extreme heat and humidity - I know I'll mostly be chilling at the pool and/or standing in front of our air conditioner in our hotel room.
Still no official word on when we will travel. It looks like the first or second week of May at this point - I was hoping for late April but I'm trying to be patient and get our big 'to do before we go' list checked off.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Bin Than Market of course - not a bad walk from your hotel - I want to go too!!! Look for the embroidered suede bags with wooden handles for $4 and embroidered t-shirts for $5, wish we had bought a dozen more.

Valorie Leonard said...

I agree....the market was the best!

Kelli said...

One of my favorite restaurants was Lemongrass. We did a half day tour of the city- included Chinatown. It was good. I regret not doing either the Cu Chi tunnels or a Mekong Delta tour...

Dawn said...

We too had planned to see the tunnels and the Delta tour if we had been able to go to HCMC first. Now that we are leaving sooner than we had expected, yet still not smoothly, we probably won't make it to HCMC this time :-( Maybe if our baby adjusts well, we might try to tack it onto the end, but I doubt it! Next time!