Thursday, April 23, 2009

2 more weeks maybe

...maybe being the key word.

I spoke to our agency and it looks like it will be 'early May' at the earliest before we go. That really isn't too far off - I'm just hoping it doesn't keep getting pushed back til we are late May. We are still waiting for the investigation to be done - I guess this is the final step before we can arrange G&R and travel. Everyone send a prayer up that things go smoothly and quickly so we can get to Meg soon.

I would really love an ACTUAL date as I'm a 'count down' type of person ...maybe mid week next week we will have one (I hope!)

Our agency director just got home this morning from her trip to Vietnam. I'm anxious to hear all she found out while there and if she was able to see Meg. She had a very busy schedule but I am hopeful she may of found an hour to go see our sweet girl.

I'm going to call back on Monday or Tuesday of next week and hopefully I'll know more then.


Also: SKYPE... if you have it, let me know how it works. We are signed up under llightfoot @ xplornet . com (remove spaces) - we still need to get webcams for our computer and laptop so we can chat with the kids by video while we are away. The kids think this is 'so cool' of an idea!

6 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Hey you,
Praying for that travel date. Liz used Skype when she traveled last spring. She is going to be at the gala, so you can ask her in person how it worked.
j

Laura said...

I hope the investigation is completed soon so that you can have your travel dates! I'm so excited for you. I don't know how to use Skype and I'm too lazy to figure it out! Good luck. :)

Ellie said...

Here's hoping for a travel date SOON. You need Meg in your arms.

Michael and Tammy said...

I have just been catching up on your blog and noticed you were looking for cute little one pc outfits (like your pic) they have really CUTE ones at Costco - they are carters and they are only $6.99!!! Just thought I would let you know!

Julie and Dean said...

You have our prayers! Time will go quickly and you will be in beautiful Vung Tau before you know it.

Myrna Hynes said...

Eeekk! I have a box packed for you and have yet to mail it...bad bad bad!

Nonetheless, I hope you get to travel to your little one sooner than later and send prayers for safe travel :)