Monday, April 27, 2009

Celebrating and counting down to Meg!

First, we are still hoping we'll have a travel date sometime this week. This morning Puralator dropped off all our paperwork we need to take with us to complete Meg's adoption in Vietnam - exciting!

We had a wonderful weekend. On Friday evening we attending the first (annual I hope) TDH Gala fundraiser. The money raised was going directly to the improvement of Vung Tau 2 - Meg's orphanage. It was a huge success and I saw many familiar faces as well as met a lot of wonderful families... and families in waiting. It was also nice for Shaune to finally meet so many friends I've made over the past 2 yrs. Renny and George were wonderful and hosted us for the night at their place in Toronto. It was a fantastic evening! I didn't take a camera but hopefully I can highjack a few photos from Julia or B?

Saturday we had a party to celebrate Shaune's Nana - who turned 95! Great time!

Sunday was a big day. Our friends put on a baby shower for our family. It was a joyful event and I was overwhelmed with appreciation for the people we have in our lives... so much love and support and excitement was in the air. I cannot wait until Meg can meet all those that attended and sent her love and well wishes. My friend Melissa made a beautiful (and very tasty) celebration cake that was so huge.... and yet still almost all of it disappeared. That is a sign of a great tasting cake! We were showered with wonderful gifts for Meg, including toys and pretty little outfits and so much more. Thank you to all our friends and family that took the time to come and celebrate with us... at long last it is finally happening :)

All photos by my friend Kerri!



















































































































4 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow she is lucky to have so many friends waiting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
I came across your blog a few weeks ago and have been excited to hear all the good news about your little girl. My name is Beth, and I live in Bend, Oregon. I have three beautiful children. Our youngest is from Vietnam and is 2 and 1/2 years old. My husband and I travelled there a little over two years ago. We were in the process of adopting another child from the same wonderful country, but, as you know, the agreement between the US and Vietnam expired last fall with no idea when a new agreement will be in place. In reading your blog, you bring up someone named "Loan", your contact person in Vietnam. We befriended a young girl by the name of Loan, who was a part of our agency contact as well. We are still in contact with Loan, and she recently told me that she and her aunt hoped to be working with Canadians soon. She has an infant about a year old now. I'm wondering if she might be the same girl. She is in her mid twenties, quiet, but very accommodating. She truly cares for the babies. It looks like you have a password-protected site. If you are comfortable with sharing it, I would love to continue to follow your blog while you are over in Vietnam. Our little girl, "Ella", is from Phu Tho province up north. If you talk to Loan, please feel free to bring up "The Delgados". She will know who we are. Again, congratulations, and I hope you travel real soon.
Feel free to contact me at delgadow@bendnet.com.
Hope to hear from you,
Beth Delgado

Catherine said...

Yay! It's baby shower time! Congrats on being soclose to travelling to meet your sweet Meg!!

Julie and Dean said...

What a beautiful shower. the pictures are great.What great friends and family you have.

Can't wait for that travel date!!!