Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ready

...we are up at our airport hotel and relaxing (ya right!) - I am jumping out of my skin with excitement right now. We are going to order in some food I think and just relax. Shaune is actually working on his thesis tonight of all things... then he can relax and take a break from work and school for the next 3 wks.

We want to take a moment and thank all our family and friends for their support and enthusiasm and joy they've shown to our family the past 2+ years. Meg will be 5 month 3 wks old tomorrow and it took us 26 months to get to her. Amazing!

Tomorrow morning we are on our way. 935am we'll be on our way to her. My heart is so full of happiness, nervousness, anticipation and butterflies! We were told we would go to get Meg at her nounou's on Sunday (Saturday night in Canada!)... the day after we arrive.

Soon she will be with us forever.

16 comments:

Kelli said...

I've got butterflies in my stomach for you!

Julie and Dean said...

It's going to be amazing...

The Hines Family said...

Praying for safe travels for you guys! :-)

Letizia said...

Thinking of you.

Letizia

B said...

Wow!48 hours to Meg...how exciting is it to be able to count hours?

Diana said...

My heart just skipped a beat and my eyes teared up just with happiness for you!! Safe travels !!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! Enjoy!

Ellie said...

Fantastic.
I will be watching the blog for info..
Enjoy............
Can't wait to see Meg in your arms

Tara said...

AAAHAHHHHH.....I'm jumping out of my skin for you girl!!! Have fun and safe flights.....

stollmyheart said...

can't wait to finally see her in your arms! safe travels!

Hannah said...

so exciting! I'm actually excited for you!! what a reward after so long, to finally have your daughter in your arms... a daughter of vietnam gets her forever family. x

Samantha said...

Wow! You are already on your way! Can't wait!

Catherine said...

Oh WOW!! You're in the air as I write this and closer to Meg than ever!! Will be praying for you tomorrow night and for your precious Meg as she is placed in your arms and her new lift begins. Adjustments for all but praying things go well and that your sweet baby girl immediately can feel how much mommy and daddy already love her!!

Jules and Danny said...

Praying for a safe flight! Have a happy, happy day on Sunday.
Oh, and don't forget to share some photos.
j

Jennifer said...

I am so thrilled for you and looking forward to following along! Enjoy every moment, when you look back on this it will seem like such a dream!

Michelle said...

"Savour" the magic and some yummy Vietnamese food! I am so incredibly excited for you. Try to take in every single detail so you can it all with us later...
Big hugs!
Michelle