Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The flight

We flew Cathay Pacific and it was great...highly recommend them. The service was awesome, the meals were okay (although way better than other flights), the wine was tasty too. We got to the airport early because (what can I say...) I was NOT missing this flight. We checked in and ran into 2 other couples that were travelling with us. We ended up seated next to Olivier and Stephanie and we were OFF.

Everyone knows I was concerned about the length of the flight. The longest I'd went in a plane was 5 or 6 hours when we went to St. Lucia. I get very antsy on a plane, I can't stand sitting still in those tight quarters for so long. I did okay and Shaune did great. He is such a 'chill' man and just watched movies and played poker on the mini tv's each seat had on the flight. When he 'decided' he was ready to sleep... he slept. Me on the other hand - could NOT sleep. I went 16 hrs without any sleep on that darn plane... even after taking 2 sleeping pills. Cursed I am! So, the flight felt like an eternity for a while. I watched "Marley and Me" to which I tried to hold back sobs and kinda succeeded. What a movie! I watched some of "He's just not that into you" but barely remember it. I was up and down like a yo-yo and people around me must of thought I had to pee 20x during our flight... most of the time I was just finding excuses to get up and move.

Eventually the long leg from Toronto to Hong Kong was over - what a relief! The Hong Kong airport is great! We had some food (delicious pizza) at a place there I can't remember and then hung out and waited for our flight that would take us to HO CHI MINH CITY VIETNAM!!! That flight was a breeze and not even 1/2 full... I found 3 seats that were empty - stretched out and slept for about 2 hrs of the 2 1/2 hr flight.


























...and then we were here. I can't describe the excitement of landing here - Meg's birth country and knowing how close we were to meeting our 3rd child! Loan met us at the airport and I instantly knew why every family that has went before us LOVES Loan - she is amazing and very helpful.

We got to our hotel, check in was a breeze and then we prepared for Meg by packing a little diaper bag and unpacking all our luggage and putting away her clothes, our stuff, and so on. Sleep came easy knowing that in the morning we'd be on our way to her --- finally!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Very Cool, I am glad your sharing your adventure with other families!

Catherine said...

What great details of your travel time to capture for later.

Wow....you have your baby girl in your ARMS!!! Wheeee!!! Congratulations Mommy!!!

Letizia said...

I'm soaking it all up. Thanks for sharing.

Letizia

B said...

I'm reading...not a lot of time for comments as little Manh just yesterday decided to be an independent walker...but know I am captivated by your blog like always.

Thanks for including a wee photo of little Lia. Give R+G my best please.

Nina said...

Your experiences bring back a flood of emotions and memories of our trip last year. You are so lucky to get Meg at such a young age!!!